Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Yahoo Messenger 10 Profile Directory in Vista

My Yahoo Messenger 10 suddenly crashed, I didn’t know the cause, but it might be the side effect of uninstalling several programs from my computer.

I wanted to reinstall Yahoo Messenger 10, but first I need to backup my profile that includes my chat history, so that all my recorded chats could be restored later. Usually, I could find my Yahoo profile directory at Program Files installation directory, but I couldn’t find it.

After searching through directories in my computer, I found out that Yahoo Messenger 10 stores its user profile in:

X:\Users\<windows_username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\Profiles\<yahoo_id>
(where windows_username is user’s windows id and yahoo_id is user’s yahoo id).

I hope this post will be helpful for those who have the same problems as me.

No comments:

Post a Comment