Thursday, April 8, 2010

Steps in dealing with procrastination

Procrastination is an evil thing. It comes like a disease, but in a convenient form, yet very disastrous. All of us may have suffered this disease once. Me myself has been dealing with this disease ever since my undergraduate study, and yet it still come tempting me. I've read several book in dealing with this disease, unfortunately it can only help for several weeks. I think I need to always be reminded about this. Lucky me, I've just found an article about the cure, I'll summarize it here (with my own words):
  1. Try to identify the cause of the procrastination.
  2. Plan to do your activity on a certain period of time.
  3. Prepare to do your activity, by preparing things you'll be more motivated on doing the activity.
  4. Just do it.
  5. Reward yourself for things well done on time.
This article has helped me in motivating myself again against procrastination, and I hope it will help you also.

No comments:

Post a Comment