Thursday, April 10, 2008

Millennium Problems

No one can boast of his/her field of expertise, because each field has its own strength. I still can't understand people who have a blind fanaticism toward their field and tend to look down other field. F*ck you! I'm sorry I have to say that because it's suck to be you!

By the way, while reading an email in a mailing list that I joined, I was reminded of Seven Millennium Problems in Mathematics that has not been solved until recently. Actually it's an interesting topic to be a research topic, but I guess I need thousand of hours before I can attack one of that beautiful problem :)

2 comments:

  1. Hay, hay, I've heard about this also...
    But have no chance to dig into it deeper. But I heard one of them already has been solved by one of professor in Indonesia (I dunno whether it's a fact or just a hoax), and I forgot which problem that he has solved.
    I heard there is money prize for anyone who can solve the problem, US$ 100,000 (if I am not mistaken). Such a huge amount of money, right?
    Sometimes, I think, those complex and difficult problems can be solved by simple logics ( maybe, I am not quite sure about it too, hehehe..:D )
    Btw, why don't you write about the seven millenium problems more detail?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Among 7 problems offered, only one problem (about Poincaré conjecture) that has been solved, and I'm quite sure the solver is not from Indonesia :(

    I disagree, the solution must not be that simple, or it has already been solved long time ago.

    Well, I'd like to, but the time doesn't permit me to do it at the present. But soon I'll write it.

    ReplyDelete