Saturday, April 26, 2008

Being a TPI

Last three days, from 22 until 24 of April 2008, I was assigned to be a TPI (Tim Pemantau Independen - Independent Monitoring Team) for UAN (Ujian Akhir Nasional - National Final Evaluation) at Bintang Timur 1 Balige (BTB) high school in Toba Samosir region.

From my observation, generally the UAN at this school run smooth. The teachers did their job very well in watching the students. There were some cheating activities observed by me though, and when I found that, I just looked sharply at the eye of the students who cheated and they'd stop (but they'd tried again and again). I've written all the activities that I observed in a report form and gave it to the committee.

From the committee I got information that there are schools that helped their students by providing the key answer for their students and distributed it via hand phone. This has been a circle of evil. The teachers didn't want their students failed. Because if their students failed, they'll be blamed. Because of that condition, the students didn't prepare themselves very well for the UAN, and just depends on the "help" from their teachers.

Then I just wondering, will there be any follow-up from the report by TPI committee?

No comments:

Post a Comment