Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Square Root Of Three

Baru nonton film Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay dan ternyata ada puisi mengenai akar dari tiga, bagus juga, sangat kreatif (walau si Kumar mengakui bahwa puisi tersebut lame). Pencipta puisi tersebut adalah David Feinberg.

Berikut puisinya:

I fear that I will always be
A lonely number like root three
A three is all that's good and right
Why must my three keep out of sight
Beneath a vicious square-root sign?
I wish instead I were a nine
For nine could thwart this evil trick
With just some quick arithmetic
I know I'll never see the sun
As 1.7321
Such is my reality
A sad irrationality
When, hark, just what is this I see?
Another square root of a three
Has quietly come waltzing by

Together now we multiply
To form a number we prefer
Rejoicing as an integer

We break free from our mortal bonds
And with a wave of magic wands
Our square-root signs become unglued
And love for me has been renewed


Angka 1.7321 tentu saja hasil pembulatan karena akar dari tiga adalah bilangan irasional (seperti yang tertulis juga di puisi tersebut) dan bilangan-bilangan setelah koma pada bilangan irasional tidak memiliki pola.

No comments:

Post a Comment