Sunday, February 3, 2008

Mestakung in Action

I believe that many of you have already heard about a concept named Mestakung. The idea was originated from an Indonesian Physician, Yohanes Surya. He said that, if a 'thing' (could be a person, sand, etc) is put in its critical point, then the 'thing' will get a support from its surroundings (universe?) so that it could reach its ideal point. For example, is someone is being chased by a dog, then he will be able to run faster than he used to be.

Most of people thought that the concept was some kind of a New Age movement that focus more to ourselves than to God.

Well, I think it could be true and false depending on how we implement it. But, on my point of view, the idea of Mestakung  is not entirely bad. The key here is "putting ourselves in a critical condition". In that kind of condition, we'll do our very best to escape from that condition (universe is giving supports?). But of course, we must not rely only on ourselves. After setting our condition in a critical state, do our best to overcome it, and always depend on God.

I've seen many example of people demonstrating this concept without knowing bout the concept. Take my friend for instance, he wanted to take an English test. If he always delay the registration, he knew that he'll never take the test. So he just registered to the test center (putting himself in a critical condition), since he fully aware that the test fee is not cheap, he do his best in the test (and thus come the supports), but still he rely on God (without Him we're nothing).

That's all I can share about Mestakung, if you need to know more about this concept, you can order the book from here.

PS: I'm not affiliated with either Yohanes Surya or Gramedia.

8 comments:

  1. Ummm..I don't agree about your first word..
    "I believe that many of you have already heard about a concept named Mestakung. "
    if there are lots of people who know this concept, then why there is no comment about it..?
    Hahaha..yeah, I'll stop to that question only..
    But I do know the concept, once I even stood up for hours in Gramedia to read that marvelous book (since I have no money to buy the book, too expensive for that kind of small book, about IDR 40,000 right?).
    Actually, I always do it, eventhough I don't know the concept name. But I do believe that everyone had their own "titik jenuh" or critical point as you say, and if that person in the position of that "titik jenuh", that person will have the new "titik jenuh" different from his/her "titik jenuh" before.
    It's great.
    Oh ya, I think it's different from the New Age Movement.
    Huahaha, too many things crossed my mind because of your post, Mestakung vs the Secret (New Age Movement) vs Purpose Driven Life (Rick Warren).
    Nice to know ya..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm I can explain why my claim seems not valid. It's because this blog doesn't have lots of readers, so it's understandable why there's no comment about this.

    Usually, my critical condition is when the deadline is near :) So I need to be very cautious not to procrastinate things overly in order to implement this Mestakung concept, hehehe

    Hey, books are investment, spending 40K for a great book I think worth it :)

    It looks great, do you want to write about that comparison?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know books are investment, esp. when I have a plan to inherit my books collection to my next and next generation. But, considering my condition at that time, jobless (and thank God, not homeless). It's just such a shame to ask money to my parents..:D

    And writing the comparison, I want to. But I have to put first thing first.
    And right now, my priority is my study, my job, and my freelance project. I write only when this hand of mine feel itch and the ideas jumping around in my mind, screaming at me to write them down..
    :D
    I am such a "busy body", my Indian friend said..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry, I thought you wasn't jobless at that time. Yup, it depends on the situation, if we have enough money, and the books worth it, why not?

    Yes, couldn't agree more. I also write post when I don't have anything to do. That's why I wrote "instead of daydreaming" as the description of this blog :) And yes, first thing first, I'll wait for the article to write on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, now after I have my own money, I want to buy books in "my hunting list", and one of them is the Mestakung book. But, it's very hard to find it.

    Hahaha..actually I have two blogs..
    One for my ordinary life, and another thing is for crystallization of my thought.
    In other blog, I write my knowledge there, not just about usual stuff.
    Hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Last time I went to Gramedia Depok (Dec 2008) the book were still piled in a huge numbers. Maybe there are still many left there.

    I also have more than one blogs, but they're so hard to manage, so I "closed" other blogs and continue writing here only.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pyuh...Gramedia Depok huh...

    Well, I've never been to Depok. And because I have a very bad "vision" about direction (I even got lost in this city twice in less than 1 year). Maybe, I'll go to Senen or Kwitang to look for them. I hope I can get it there :)
    Thanks for the info.

    Hehehe, actually it's coincidental that I have two blogs, but then, I "force" myself to manage both of them. Not fair actually, for both of my blogs. But, hehehe, I feel sorry for them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gramedia Located right beside the main street (all public transportations pass through this street), so it'll be almost impossible for you to be lost there. But it depends on you.

    ReplyDelete